https://www.lapressclub.org/hypothesis/essay-on-judiciary-system-in-india/29/ click https://cwstat.org/termpaper/essay-edge-coupons/50/ pow wow essay https://www.arohaphilanthropies.org/heal/cialis-bernice/96/ isoporlandia cialis cheap university essay ghostwriting for hire for college catcher in the rye essay here buy bayer levitra online cialis oral jelly sildenafil cuantas horas antes migliore il cialis o il viagra follow link how to know if a guy takes viagra water pollution essay in hindi brand personality thesis viagra belgie follow link climate change research paper https://mnscha.org/advised/sildenafil-citrate-in-fruits-and-vegetables/38/ go here abilify causing mania gadafi viagra violaciones https://caberfaepeaks.com/school/admission-essay-editing-service/27/ follow url post cycle therapy nolvadex lasix surgeons in sacramento go here source site see url source link EMV Chip Card Technology
It’s no secret that payment card fraud is a growing problem all over the world. Between rising fraud rates and the October 2015 EMV liability shift, there’s no doubt you are starting to see more credit card issuers and financial institutions delivering EMV cards to their accountholders. You’re probably starting to see more EMV chip card-enabled terminals as well.
To make sure that you’re in the know about EMV chip card technology, below are answers to some of the most common questions surrounding EMV.
What does EM Stand For?
- EMV stands for Europay International, MasterCard, and Visa and helps stop counterfeiting and fraudulent payments.
- Rather than a magnetic stripe, EMV uses a microprocessor chip embedded in the card.
- EMV cards can be either debit cards or credit cards and are often referred to as chip cards or smart cards.
What does an EMV chip provide?
- Offers enhanced cardholder verification
- Makes it virtually impossible for criminals to counterfeit cards
- Validates the authenticity of each transaction with a unique digital signature
Are there any other benefits to EMV?
- Lower stolen card fraud (when verified by a PIN)
- Fewer chargebacks because EMV verifies that the cardholder was present
- More satisfied customers because cardholders know their card will work; this is especially important for travelers from other countries where EMV cards are prevalent